dimanche 21 avril 2013

Inspiration(s) in a Bottle

Hello Lovelies,

Here is some cool stuff I am...





This moving video by Kirsten Lepore called "Bottle". Very inspiring! (found via the bastisrike blog, a daily read for me).

I was also wondering lately: What Is Art? and found some answers from famous artists and thinkers here, on the same page where the poster below comes from.


I also love the answers to the "What Is Art?" question I found on Brain Pickings.

The picture that started it all is from the sorted books series by artist Nina Katchadourian, as seen here:

 via

Turns out Nina K.'s inspired many others to open a "Sorted Books" group on flickr.

So... What is Art?

I have been obsessed for a long time now by this photograph by Sally Mann:

source: photograph by Sally Mann, "Night-blooming Cereus", 1988. 


This image has a haunting quality for me. It is art, and it is not something I can explain... Then I realized I didn't even know what a "night-blooming cereus" was! I looked it up, an found this beauty for you to enjoy:

http://youtu.be/Zbzi8XydHQc



-Naomi of TeaButterfly.





Aucun commentaire: